Saturday 24 March 2018

Interview with the artist ~ Moira Johnson

Moira Johnson is currently exhibiting her art here at The Orchard with another local artist Sally Anne Goodale, as we last interviewed Moira back in 2016 we thought it would be nice to catch up again with a fresh interview. 



Moira please tell us about your work? 

I first started painting in watercolour, then progresses to oils which I loved. As oils are very messy, and not easy when painting outside, I tried acrylics, they are now my preferred medium.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on a painting of a Jersey Cow. I love painting animals and have done several pet portraits as commissions ~ dogs and cats. I also love painting landscapes.

How did you decide to become an artist?

I became an artist after attending a "Beginners Painting Weekend" run by Chris Parker, I enjoyed it so much that I signed up for another weekend, then went for several painting days with him. I joined a course at the local college with Andrea Taylor, then I was invited to join Wisbech Art Club. I have been secretary of the Art Club for several years. I love going to demonstrations and workshops, it is very inspiring to see how other artists paint and pick up tips.

What's the best advise you've been given as an artist?

The best advice I have been given is to look at shapes, colours and tones and paint what you see.

What are your life and work goals for the future?

My goal for the future is to spend more time painting. My friend Sally Goodale and I are in the process of setting up our own website which we hope will be up aqnd running very soon. 

Moira Johnson is currently exhibiting her art here at The Orchard with another local artist Sally Anne Goodale, as we last interviewed Moira back in 2016 we thought it would be nice to catch up again. 

Many thanks to Moira Johnson for agreeing to be interviewed for The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop Blog. You can view Moira & Sally's art daily 10am -4pm during March 2016 at:

The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop
Redmoor Lane
Wisbech
Cambs
PE14 0RN

Telephone: 07527 046184
Website: theorchardtearoom.co.uk Twitter: @OrchardTeaRoom Facebook: The Orchard Tea Room

No comments:

Post a Comment