Apple Cider Cake
130g golden caster sugar
2 medium size eggs beaten
230g self raising flour sieved together with
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 peeled, sliced Bramley apple
Greased / lined cake tin 20cm x 13cm
Pre-heat oven to 170C / Gas mark 3
1. Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of the sieved flour & cinnamon and beat in the eggs.
3. when the eggs have been beaten fold in 1/2 of the remaining flour.
4. Next add 200ml of cider whilst continuing to stir.
5. Now fold in the remaining flour.
6. Put the slices of Bramley apple in the greased / lined cake tin.
7. Pour the cake mixture evenly over the apples.
8. Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for approx 40 minutes until fully cooked.
9. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire tray, leave to cool completely.