Monday 17 April 2017

Art at The Orchard interview with Esther Marshall

We're delighted that artist Esther Marshall  has agreed to do a little interview for the blog, she's exhibiting a selection of her original paintings here at The Orchard during April.



Esther please tell us about your work? What are you currently working on?

I try to paint a diverse range of subjects and am currently working in oils. They blend much better than acrylics and are great for skies, clouds, sea and sand so I am working on a number of seascapes at the moment.

How did you decide to become an artist?

I have always been interested in art and worked closely with many artists when running my greeting card publishing business.  When I retired I needed something to do and I always wanted to paint so it seemed the natural thing to do.

What's the best advise you've been given as an artist?

The best advice I have been given is "paint, paint, paint".  Like all things you get better with  practice.

What do you do when you are not creating?

When I am not creating I love to spend time with my family and grandchildren. I also like 
to spend time drawing and studying nature, trees throughout the seasons, clouds, skies, sea, etc. We live in an amazing world and a beautiful country.


What are your life and work goals for the future?

Having retired, I want to see as much of the world as I can, want to become more accomplished as an artist and to sell my work. It is such a great feeling when someone has actually paid their hard earnt money to buy one of your paintings.

Esther you're currently exhibiting some of your original artwork here at The Orchard where else can we find your work?

Currently in April I am also exhibiting at The Arts Lounge, Market Place, Swaffham, PE37 7AB      and from 20 April - 2 May I will also have a few paintings on display at St Leonard's Church,      Leverington, Wisbech.

I am a member of SAA (Society for All Artists) and WNAA (West Norfolk Artists Association) and hope to exhibit with the latter at their summer exhibition in July in St Nicholas Chapel, Kings Lynn.

I will also be back at The Orchard Tea Room again in August.

I have a website:

www.monetlovesesther.com

I also post my latest paintings on my Facebook Page - Esther Marshall and Instagram (when I remember) - Esther Marshall Dackombe.
     

Many thanks to Esther Marshall for agreeing to be interviewed for The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop Blog. You can view Esther's art daily 10am -4pm until the end of April 2017 at

The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop
Redmoor Lane
Wisbech
Cambs
PE14 0RN


Telephone: 07527 046184
Website: theorchardtearoom.co.uk Twitter: @OrchardTeaRoom Facebook: The Orchard Tea Room

No comments:

Post a Comment