Apples are great to eat, we wouldn’t grow them if they weren’t, but do you know what else is great? Apple juice! Not only is it a delicious natural drink, but we’ve compiled a short list of some health benefits you probably didn’t realise your apple juice was granting you.
1. Apple juice is packed with antioxidants, which can help protect against environmental damage to your skin, some scientists also say it can slow down the aging of skin, if that’s not enough for you, antioxidants are also know to prevent cancer!
2. A glass of apple juice typically contains around 117 calories, or to put it bluntly, about 30 less than the average soft drink, making it a great healthy alternative for those attempting to lose some weight or just stay in shape.
3. Apple juice can be used to effectively cleanse your intestines, improving their overall general health and ability to function. You can also use apple juice as a way to deal with constipation.
4. Drinking just a small glass of apple juice daily could reduce the risk of developing asthma by up to half in children, bananas (the closest performing fruit) reduced the risk by only up to a third!
5. Medical research has shown that apple juice can reduce cholesterol, and slow down processes that can lead to heart disease, just a small glass daily can reduce the risk of risk of developing heart disease.
So there we have it, 5 reasons to drink more apple juice and stay healthier than ever before.
We carry a full range of juices, varying from sweet, to something a little more tart in our Redmoor Lane farm shop.
Stop by and have a browse of our selection, all the juice is made from the apples we grow right here in the orchard.
Visit us at http://theorchardtearoom.co.uk/
On Facebook: The Orchard Tea Room
And Twitter: @OrchardTeaRoom